Carriage Lawn at Barkley Homeowners Association
Board of Directors Meeting
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
The Board of Directors meeting for the Carriage Lawn at
Barkley Homeowners Association was convened at IHOP at corner of
Board Members in Attendance:
Items discussed at the meeting:
Allegations of Accounting Irregularities at Koger Management:
Board reviewed letter received from Chadwick Washington, Moriarty Elmore & Bunn P.C. , HOA attorneys, dated January 10, 2007. After discussion Board decided to
1) Meet with Koger to review the financial status of HOA assets.
2) Clarify with Koger if Carriage Lawn HOA’s assets were subject to any actual or alleged accounting fraud.
3) Talk with auditors to confirm status of 2004 and 2005 audit and appoint auditors to complete the audit of 2006 financials as soon as possible.
1. Sanjay Vakharia to draft letter to request specific HOA financial information and proposes a time to meet with the Koger Management Team.
2. Carol Mallory to contact auditors and Koger to confirm status of 2004 and 2005 audits.
New BOD Members
Board discussed the need to recruit new board members to replace the retiring board members. Board agreed to write a letter to residents and request their participation in the upcoming board member election. Letter would be mailed along with the proxy forms and 2007 budget.
Manoucher to draft letter that would be mailed to residents.
Venue for Next Meeting
The following was proposed and agreed to by Board
Feb 15, 2007 BOD Meeting
Feb 22, 2007 Annual Meeting
A motion to hold annual meeting on Feb 22, 2007 was made. There was a second. Vote was unanimous.
There was a motion to adjourn annual meeting. There was a second. Vote was unanimous. The meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm.