Carriage Lawn at Barkley Homeowners Association

Board of Directors Meeting

Wednesday, October 17, 2005

A meeting of the Board of Directors of the Carriage Lawn at Barkley Homeowners Association was convened at Fairhill Elementary School at 7:30 p.m.

Attendance:†††† Marshall Manson

Manoucher Nayeri

Sanjay Vakharia

Carol Mallory

Reema Raju

Howell Thomas, Koger Management

 

Absent:†††††† Ray Worley

 

Approval of previous meeting minutes:Manoucher Nayeri moved to approve the August 17, 2005 meeting minutes.Motion seconded by Sanjay Vakharia.The motion carried.

 

RESIDENT INPUT

 

Tim Burns - 8845 Royal Doulton - concerned about visitor parking issue.Marshall discussed the proposed new parking policy.

 

David Armstrong - 8917 Royal Doulton - tree replacement issue and Centex issues.Marshall had recently contacted Centex about issues but has not had a response as yet.

 

Sudhir Raju - 8856 Modano Place - issue with a street drain which has not yet been cleaned up (had photo) and tree.Would accept a dwarf tree as a replacement instead of a larger tree.

 

ARB Committee - Reema Raju

 

Approved 6 applications since the last Board meeting.There are now only 3 committee members since Roshi Goel is no longer an active member.Tim Burns and David Armstrong agreed to join the ARB Committee.

 

Officers Reports

 

Presidentís Report - Marshall Manson

 

Discussed the Way of Faith proposal for an addition to their complex.Fairfax County has postponed meeting on this zoning request.

 

Will be working on a parking policy as soon as Brendan Bunn reviews the draft policy and sends his comments.

 


Management Report

 

Marshall needs the contact at Community Bank.

 

Parking Solutions proposal for re-striping the parking lot for $1,100.Hold off until later discussion.

 

Fence Line - Need to check the site plans to see if these will indicate clearly where the boundary line is in relation to the fence issue.

 

Pine Ridge proposal for cleaning out the wood line - hold off until spring.

 

Grub control - when should this treatment be done ??

 

Motion by Marshall, second Manoucher to do both the wood line and the grub control work.The motion passed.

 

Need to add the web address to the statements.

 

Yard sale violations - Board agreed that they would notify individuals before levying violations charges.

 

2006 Budget

 

Sanjay explained each line item and pointed out that some work may need to be done on community property (such as painting the hand rails) because it may be quite some time before Centex gets around to doing the work.

 

After further discussion on the 2006 budget, Marshall made a motion to set the 2006 monthly assessment at $75.50.Seconded by Sanjay and the motion passed.

 

Annual Meeting

 

                    held on Wednesday, January 19th in 2005.Set 2006 meeting on Wednesday, January 18th.

                    set 2006 meeting for January 18th

                    which Directors are up for re-election (Carol, Manoucher & Marshall were elected to 3-year terms, but there was one slot to fill out an unexpired term but not specified whose term this was.

 

Parking Policy - need to have Brendan Bunnís input as soon as possible.Must have in time to mail out to the community for the December 14th meeting community meeting.

 

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 p.m.

 

Submitted by,

 

Howell Thomas

Association Manager

Return