Carriage Lawn at Barkley Homeowners Association
Board of Directors Meeting
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
A meeting of the Board of Directors of the Carriage Lawn at Barkley Homeowners Association was convened at Fairhill Elementary School at 7:30pm.
Howell Thomas, Koger Management
Marshall Manson recommended the and board second the meeting minutes from the February 7, 2005 meeting.
Resident Input – ARB concerns and recommend BOD w/Koger generate
- Management Report: Balance forward from old management company to Kroger.
- Left over balances carry over late fee – BOD of directors agreed to waive the first $20.00.
- Left over credit – No problems
- Mistaken late fees that Koger assessed at the end of January
- BOD recommends that policy of no late fee be added to late fees
- Action Items: Koger will action upon the items reference above
- Play area
- Exercise area – recommend not do unless Pine Ridge would agree to do for less
- Flowers at Saxon Flowers / Nipper Way entrance
- BOD recommend agree the Pine Ridge proposal however ask for a mix of perennials/annuals, also need to address water issues, main driver should be work within the budget
- Street Cleanup – BOD recommends to wait for additional two weeks
- Cleanup of trash from pond – Koger clarrifed that Pine Ridge will remove trash debris when mowing the pond retention area
- Walk through with Pine Ridge and pointed
- Dead trees on southwest side of retention pond will be gone, recommend no more trees due to retention pond drainage/configuration
- Action Items – BOD recommends for Koger to get a Pine Ridge quote to physically shovel and haul out of the pond for proper disposal
- Pond Issues
- Centex - pursue
- Pond cleanup
- Fairfax County
- Action Items – Howell
- State Corporation
- Change registereat
- Mcdranhanon – current – association atterny
- Dog – Pet Waste Stations
- We are currently paying a fee of $30.00 for pet service for weekly cleanup. BOD of directors recommend keep this service.
- Insurance – has been renewed
- Late Fees
- BOD recommend move all fees with Oscar Ventura / Board voted, Marshall Manson moved and Sanjay second, except for monthly fee
- Thomspon – BOD recommends collect administrative fee and waive late
- Ray Worley motion to waive late fee but assess administrative fee and Marshall Manson second, Motion carried - majority
- Ahmed/Khan – BOD of directors recommend to waive all fee
- Motion by Marshall Manson to waive fee and second by Sanjay and motion carried
- BOD – Setting Policy before anything referred to attorney that the management company seek approval by President and or Treasurer.
- Recommend to refer to 4 resident to be referred to attorney for follow up
Follow up issues
- Parking issues
- Towing policy
- Visitor parking
- Drainage in Leismore
- Financial – to Sanjay
- Snow removal – did CLB get a reduction on snow removal
Marshall Manson moved that the meeting adjourn. Ray Worley seconded. Vote: Unanimous. The meeting was adjourned at 9:38 pm.
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 at 7:30pm at Fairhill Elementary
Wednesday, August 17, 2005 at 7:30pm , location to be determined.